1. Transformation evaluation of wine industry waste and potential routes to market 2. Teaching the wine consumer of the future: the total immersion theory 3. Orientation and temperature cycling impacts on the oxygen transmission rate of wine closures 4. Library and information services for the Australian grape and wine industry 5. Online atlas of climate information for Australian wine regions 6. NSW DPI VineWatch
7. Vine nutrition: a diagnostic smartphone app for vine nutritional disorders 8. Which grapevine rootstock performs the best for Mornington Peninsula Pinot Noir? 9. Grapes could suffocate in drought 10. A smartphone-based system to assess grapevine water status 11. Growing super Sangiovese in the King Valley 12. Manipulating ripening with the use of antitranspirants 13. Rootstock and bunch position effects on Shiraz berry cell death and shrivel 14. Are phenology models developed with European and US data useful in Australia? 15. Managing irrigation during dry winters to sustain yield and wine styles 16. Vascular anatomy of grape berries 17. When do grapes stop accumulating sugar? 18. Exploring a simple-strip approach to vineyard experiments for understanding spatial variation in treatment response 19. Influence of canopy management on grapevine reproductive performance 20. Can we assess vine starch status non-destructively? 21. Developing a mobile app to estimate grape volume and colour for harvest 22. Accelerating grapevine stomatal assay: from sample collection to stomatal pore measurement 23. VitiCanopy 2.0: the portable new tool to assess canopy size and vineyard variability (WITHDRAWN) 24. PAT: making Precision Viticulture data analysis tools accessible 25. Using multispectral imaging to predict grape maturity 26. Build a vineyard information system for individual vines from GoPro videos 27. Can we assess vine canopy nitrogen status non-destructively? 28. Monitoring vineyard canopy structure by aerial and ground-based RGB and multispectral imagery analysis 29. Undervine cover-cropping: a sustainable vineyard management strategy that reduces herbicide use and can improve yield 30. Population sequencing reveals clonal diversity and ancestral inbreeding in the grapevine cultivar Chardonnay 31. Does the application of horticultural products to grapes form a protective barrier against smoke taint? 32. Assessment of sunburn damage in Chardonnay grapes in relation to timing of leaf removal 33. Physical basis of the effect of wind farms on downstream atmospheric conditions 34. 3D reconstructions of grape bunch architecture based on optimisation theory 35. Breeding and regional evaluation of mildew-resistant grapevines in Australia 36. Native insectary plants support populations of predatory arthropods for Australian vineyards 37. The vineyard soil microbiome can distinguish wine-producing regions 38. Advancement of grape maturity – comparison between contrasting varieties and regions
39. Sweet triterpenoids in oak for cooperage 40. Grape seed powder as a novel and sustainable bentonite alternative 41. Changes in metal ion concentration from bentonite treatment 42. Protein stabilization of white wines using natural zeolites 43. Cold stabilisation with potassium polyaspartate 44. Application of potassium polyaspartate (KPA) to achieve wine tartaric stabilisation 45. The kinetics of oxygen uptake by iron in wine-like solutions 46. Visualisation of effects on lees from novel methods to induce autolysis in sparkling winemaking 47. Impact of nutrient supplementation on Saccharomyces cerevisiae in winemaking 48. Diacetyl management in wines: impact of oenological practices 49. Don’t like banana in your Riesling? Juice dilution might be your solution 50. Yeast strain-dependent effects of glutathione addition on wine chemistry 51. Positive sensory and chemical outcomes from oxygen addition during red wine fermentation 52. Effect of low malic acid concentration on O. oeni behaviour during malolactic fermentation 53. Wild wine: metagenomic analysis of microbial communities during wine fermentation 54. Defining and exploiting the indigenous microflora of grapes 55. Evaluation of S. cerevisiae wine yeast competitive fitness in oenologically relevant environments by barcode sequencing 56. Aureobasidium pullulans: how much is known about its effect on grape juice composition? 57. Rapid assessment of wine yeast viability and vitality during fermentation using flow cytometry 58. Discovering the indigenous microbiota associated with Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander fermentations 59. Study of the effectiveness of several industry-scale oxygen introduction techniques into red fermenters 60. Fermentation’s clean little secret 61. MLF and SO2 stress – what are the real limits for malolactic bacteria? 62. Exploring Douro biome terroir complexity: constructing quality Port wines using selected endogenous non-Saccharomyces 63. Improving fermentation properties of newly developed interspecific wine yeast hybrids by using a natural life-cycle event 64. The AWRI Wine Microorganism Culture Collection: securing the future of Australian wine microorganisms 65. Population-wide diversity study in Lachancea thermotolerans highlights superior starters for winemaking 66. A rose by any other name: novel wine yeast that impart floral aromas 67. Genetic causes of SO2 metabolism in Saccharomyces cerevisiae 68. Bioprospecting the regional diversity of Australian wine microbiota 69. Phenolic-free glycosides from grape marc can increase wine flavour 70. Yeast-bacteria compatibility in wine: it’s complicated!
71. Is it the age or the autolysis? Pulling apart where sparkling wine character comes from 72. Dynamic viscosity of dry red and white wines and determination of perceived viscosity difference thresholds 73. Beyond phenolic bitterness: tryptophol-bisulfites identified as a potential new class of bitter compounds in wine 74. High-thiol Pinot Gris and Chardonnay wines based upon antioxidant additions at harvest 75. Unravelling the complex pattern of ‘pepperiness’ in cool climate Shiraz 76. Whole bunch fermentation of Shiraz and Pinot Noir: stems influence chemical and sensory descriptors 77. Effect of dissolved carbon dioxide on the taste and texture of still wine 78. Pre-fermentative additions’ effect on yeast volatile aromas and thiols in Australian Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay 79. The effect of pre-ferment glutathione addition on Chardonnay and Riesling wine characteristics 80. Shiraz, Sangiovese or Saperavi? Consumer preferences for alternative red wine varieties assessed using projective mapping 81. Stopping the stink: an evaluation of five common ‘reductive’ aroma remediation strategies 82. Developmental changes in grape composition and the implications for wine volatile profiles 83. Detection and consumer rejection thresholds of honey off-flavour in sparkling wine 84. What causes apricot aroma in white wines? Unravelling the contribution of multiple volatile compounds 85. Polysulfanes as latent sources of hydrogen sulfide during wine storage 86. Manipulation of yeast autolysis: effects on volatile profiles of Méthode Champenoise sparkling wines 87. Optimise rosé with pre-fermentation yeast – Lachancea termotolerans and Pichia kluyveri 88. Tropical enhancement through topical application: tailoring wine style by foliar-application of nitrogen and sulfur 89. Fate of tropical odorants in wine: identification and stability of 2-methyl-4-propyl-1,3-oxathiane 90. The gastronomic experience of fine Australian Shiraz wines 91. Understanding the chemical basis of jam character in red wine and grapes 92. Does in-canopy misting mitigate the intensity of smoke taint in grapes and wine? 93. Monitoring the heterogeneity of grape berry maturity throughout ripening 94. Glycoside flavour release in-mouth: the role of oral bacterial populations 95. Exploring the typicity of Australian Cabernet Sauvignon wines 96. Why do some people experience flavour from glycosides while others don’t? 97. Unravelling the relationship between sugar accumulation and the aroma profile of single grape berries 98. Manipulating bunch zone light quality to optimise ageing potential in Riesling 99. Molecular analysis of precipitates formed in Bordeaux wines with solid and liquid state NMR 100. Maceration additions of marc differently modulate Shiraz wine texture depending on grape harvest timing 101. Chemical and sensory effects of co-fermentation, post-alcoholic and post-malolactic fermentation blending of Malbec and Merlot (WITHDRAWN) 102. Industrial applicability of modelling polyphenol extraction during red wine fermentation
103. Climate change and its influence on scale insects and sooty mould occurrence 104. Molecular-based testing of fungicide resistance in grapevine pathogens 105. Comparison of quantification methods for Botrytis cinerea biomass in grape bunches 106. Elimination of grapevine viruses in vitro using a combination of thermotherapy and chemotherapy 107. Potential risks associated with top-working a desirable grapevine variety onto unwanted non-symptomatic variety 108. Analysing spray diaries to understand powdery mildew control in Australian viticulture 109. Strengthening of plant material: strategy to improve the sanitary quality and longevity of vineyards by the use of molecular tools and beneficial microorganisms 110. Developing next generation grapevine rootstocks with long-term resistance to phylloxera and root knot nematode 111. Molecular epidemiology and physiology of Shiraz disease in South Australia 112. Innovative UAV point cloud analysis program for grapevine trunk disease detection 113. The influence of rainfall on microbial populations occurring in grapevine pruning wounds over time
114. Analysis of volatile sulfur compounds in spritzed and sparkling wines (WITHDRAWN) 115. Chemical and sensory effects of co-fermentation and post-malolactic fermentation blending of Syrah with white cultivars (WITHDRAWN) 116. Does the type or origin of bottle glass affect boron isotope-ratios used for wine authentication? 117. Objective quality assessment of Cabernet Sauvignon grapes and wine from Chile 118. A new screening method for hydrogen sulfide formation in wine samples 119. Evaluation of the effect of regulated deficit irrigation on Vitis vinifera Cabernet Sauvignon’s physiological traits and final fruit composition 120. Rapid analysis of allergens in wine by reflective phantom interface biosensor 121. The colorimetric measurement of free and bound forms of copper in white wine 122. A new in-line system to monitor total phenolic content in sparkling wine press juice fractions 123. A periodic table of wine composition 124. Impact of storage conditions on SO2 and colour of packaged wines 125. Determination of ethanol content in low and alcohol-free products (WITHDRAWN) 126. Effect of altitude on the aroma composition of Riesling grapes from the Canberra wine region (WITHDRAWN) 127. Trends in Australian wine composition 128. Juice provenance: the case of Tasmanian sparkling wine (WITHDRAWN) 129. Unravelling regional typicality of Australian premium Shiraz through an untargeted metabolomics approach 130. Water into wine! Alcohol management of Cabernet Sauvignon and Shiraz wines via pre-fermentative water implementation 131. Hyperspectral imaging of Botrytis in grapes 132. The progression of sparkling grape pressing and what comes out when 133. Australian wine provenance testing using novel isotope ratios: differentiation of production regions and country 134. The colorimetric measurement of total copper concentration in wine 135. Pinot Noir provenance project overview 136. Evaluating activated carbons for removal of phenols and their glycoconjugates from smoke-affected juice and wine 137. Bentonite fining in white wines compromises the utility of lead isotope ratios in wine authentication 138. Sooty mould and its impact on wine processing, composition and sensory attributes 139. Using cross-linked polymers to reduce metal concentrations in commercial wines 140. Evaluating the forms of copper removed during cross-linked polymer treatment of wines 141. Understanding wine astringency sub-qualities by tribology: what are the roles of saliva? 142. A comprehensive study of the effect of high temperature extremes on berry tannin composition 143. A new Australian wine product containing Ganoderma lucidum extract: chemical composition, sensory profiles and consumer acceptance 144. Authentication of Cabernet Sauvignon wines from different regions of Australia 145. A matter of place: sensory and chemical characterisation of fine Australian Chardonnay and Shiraz wines 146. Dynamic characterisation of wine astringency profiles using modified progressive profiling 147. Influence of traditional and novel winemaking practices on foaming properties of sparkling wine 148. SHS-GC-IMS: a powerful tool to evaluate changes of the volatile composition of wine during ageing 149. Changes in red wine composition during bottle ageing: impacts of viticultural conditions and oxygen availability 150. Monitoring the effects of resveratrol-enhanced de-alcoholised red wine consumption by HPLC-QTOF-MS 151. A management tool for optimal digging out in red winemaking: machine learning models to predict tannin and anthocyanin concentrations
152. Is Brettanomyces bruxellensis becoming more SO2 tolerant in industry? 153. Extending the shelf life of commercial canned wines through manipulation of transition metals content 154. A tool for catching mice in wine: the detection of mousy off-flavour compounds in wine 155. Brettanomyces bruxellensis readily increases SO2 tolerance in lab-based adaptive evolution experiments 156. New early warning system and vineyard mitigation of smoke taint in wine 157. Microscopic and macroscopic observations of chitosan on Brettanomyces bruxellensis as a curative and preventive treatment 158. Understanding the development of reductive compounds in commercial canned wines 159. Application of activated chitosan as preventative and remedial strategies for microbial spoilage in wines 160. Clear as smoke: in-field detection of grapevine smoke contamination using NIR spectroscopy and machine learning
161. Cold stabilisation: past and present 162. Protein fining agents: past and present (WITHDRAWN) 163. The CloudSpec: a new spectroscopic tool for analysing unfiltered ferments 164. Tannin extracts and oak alternatives: past and present 165. Flotation: past and present 166. Dissolved gas management: past and present (WITHDRAWN) 167. Winery layout and product movements: past and present (WITHDRAWN) 168. Wine transportation: past and present (WITHDRAWN) 169. In-tank fermentation monitoring: past and present 170. Bottle closures: past and present (WITHDRAWN) 171. Filtration: past and present 172. Sulfur dioxide and other preservatives: past and present (WITHDRAWN) 173. Mixing red ferments using gas: past and present 174. Tank design: past and present 175. Continuous processes and fermentation: past and present 176. Heat stabilisation: past and present 177. Centrifugation: past and present 178. Microbial solution to eliminate 3-isobutyl-2-methoxypyrazine in wine