Posters are a popular part of the AWITC and are displayed throughout the conference. They provide an opportunity for researchers and students to report on ‘late-breaking’ work, for researchers to interact directly with delegates, and to show industry where research is heading.
Posters are submitted in the following categories:
- Business and technology transfer
- Environment, vine physiology and vineyard management
- Fermentation, clarification and maturation
- Grape and wine aroma, flavour, phenolics and colour
- Pest and disease management
- Wine and grape compositional analysis and health
- Wine spoilage and contamination
- Winery technologies
Twelve of the poster abstracts are selected for formal presentation within the ‘Fresh science’ sessions and twelve student submissions are selected for the Student forum: In the wine light.
Prizes, including a ‘people’s choice’ prize are awarded for the best posters. Prizes are also awarded to the two best presentations in the Fresh science sessions.