Posters are a popular part of the AWITC and are displayed throughout the conference. They provide an opportunity for researchers and students to report on ‘late-breaking’ work, for researchers to interact directly with delegates, and to show industry where research is heading.
Twelve of the poster abstracts are selected for formal presentation within the ‘Fresh science’ sessions and twelve student submissions are selected for the Student forum: In the wine light.
Prizes, including a ‘people’s choice’ prize are awarded for the best posters. Prizes are also awarded to the two best presentations in the Fresh science sessions.
Posters are to be submitted in the following categories:
- Business and technology transfer
- Environment, vine physiology and vineyard management
- Fermentation, clarification and maturation
- Grape and wine aroma, flavour, phenolics and colour
- Pest and disease management
- Wine and grape compositional analysis and health
- Wine spoilage and contamination
- Winery technologies