The twelve presenters for the two Fresh Science sessions at this year’s AWITC have just been announced. Selected from the poster abstract submissions, these talented scientists will step away from their lab benches and field trials to showcase their latest grape and wine research outcomes.
- when grapes stop accumulating sugar
- climate influences on scale insects and sooty mould
- removing smoke taint from juice and wine
- grape seed powder as a bentonite alternative
- SO2 tolerance of Brettanomyces
- age and autolysis influences on sparkling wine character
- sensory impacts of whole bunch fermentation
- remediating reductive aromas
- measuring free and bound copper in white wine
- next-gen disease-resistant rootstocks
- yeast-bacteria compatibility during fermentation
- genetic understanding of clonal diversity of the Chardonnay grape variety.
Find out more about this year’s Fresh Science presentations under sessions 5 and 9 in the online program and don’t forget to visit the poster display during the conference.